Payout change for pools.

• admin

Due to the "rain" causing issues with the pool payouts - specifically duplicate payouts - I'm going to be changing to a manual payout schedule on the pools. The pools will still automatically process the payout, but it'll happen at a time when it's not "raining". Payouts will occur once or twice a day.

This is going to affect:

pool.burst-team.us
    pool.burstcoin.biz
    pool.burstcoin.eu
    http://pool.burstcoin.party:8081/
    http://pool.ccminer.net:8080/

• @haitch sounds fair mate and understand!! and probly see alot of other payout times modified to because of this !!

• @haitch we get np thanks for the heads up

Croydan

• No problem, as long as the payment is fair it does not matter whether it is manual or automatic

• admin

@Energy it'll be the same payment you've earned, just manually triggered rather than automatically.

• @haitch Sorry if I did not explain myself well.

Is what I wanted to say that it does not matter whether the payment method is manual or automatic.

With the fair payment I did not only refer to me but to you too, I understand that you do not have to pay for any faults in the network.

como lo entiendo yo, si no hay solucion para evitar los bloques fantasmas lo mas justo es que haga los pagos manualmente

For making it clear with fair payment I did not mean quantity.

I know I have a problem with English but I prefer to participate and then ask for forgiveness or give explanations to remain silent ;)

• admin

@Energy No offense was taken. This isn't about the ghost blocks - I've always paid for those. This is about the "rain" causing the pools to double/triple pay earnings. By only allowing the pools to trigger payments when it's not raining it makes the payouts be accurate.

• @haitch said in Payout change for pools.:

@Energy No offense was taken. This isn't about the ghost blocks - I've always paid for those. This is about the "rain" causing the pools to double/triple pay earnings. By only allowing the pools to trigger payments when it's not raining it makes the payouts be accurate.

So if some miners were double paid, how does the pool recoup the deficit? Does the pool apply a negative balance to the overpaid miners that is satisfied by subsequent earnings until they are zeroed out?

• @haitch No matter what the failure, if the solution is that you have to make the payment manually to me I do not care, the worst will be for you that will have to be more pending

Due to the "rain" causing issues with the pool payouts - specifically duplicate payouts - I'm going to be changing to a manual payout schedule on the pools. The pools will still automatically process the payout, but it'll happen at a time when it's not "raining". Payouts will occur once or twice a day.

This is going to affect:

pool.burst-team.us
    pool.burstcoin.biz
    pool.burstcoin.eu
    pool.burstcoin.party
    pool.ccminer.net

I know I'm gonna get " your site is down!" messages lol. So here is the link to the pool. http://pool.burstcoin.party:8081/

• admin

@rds I top the pool up from my own funds.

• admin

@socalguy LOL - my bad - sorry, should have included the full url - will edit

@rds I top the pool up from my own funds.

That's a great gesture by you but in the long run you can't keep using your funds to fix these mistakes.

I someone gets double paid, the pool can't reverse one of the transactions but it could apply a debit to that miner. Now if the miner leaves the pool forever, the double payment is lost, but as long as they return sometime, any future earnings for that earner can be used to offset the debit until they are square.

So if a miner had a 1700 Burst overpay, the historic payouts would show as -1700D + xxxxx. As each block is forged, the miner share would decrement, as per their share.

I also saw that some of the double payers voluntarily offered to return the payment, in which case they zeroed out their deficit without any adjustment required.

Additionally, since you are processing payments manually, the deficit solution should be easier to implement.

• Hopefully, this fixes it. Selling my shares to make up for the deficit isn't fun. lol

@rds said in Payout change for pools.:

as long as they return sometime, any future earnings for that earner can be used to offset the debit until they are square.

yea I doubt a miner will return if they knew they owe a pool some burst.

• @socalguy said in Payout change for pools.:

Hopefully, this fixes it. Selling my shares to make up for the deficit isn't fun. lol

@rds said in Payout change for pools.:

as long as they return sometime, any future earnings for that earner can be used to offset the debit until they are square.

yea I doubt a miner will return if they knew they owe a pool some burst.

Not sure I agree with your take of the integrity of most people here. Already I saw 2 people (@ccminer and @Ip85 ) offer up the return of double payouts just today. If I was made aware of a double payout, I would offer to pay back as well. there is no honor in keeping something that was sent to you by mistake. That being said, there are those miners on autopilot who would not notice a double payout. Unless they are listening to this forum they may not even be aware of the issue.

That is where my solution instead of having @haitch use his own funds to make the pool whole would work to at least alleviate some or most of the inequity.

• There are around 3800 miners right now on burst.ninja pools that haitch has on his colo. Let's say, 100 miners, catches the double pay and returns the burst to the pool every payment cycle. I think that's only 2.63% of the total miners willing to return the double pay each payment cycle. That's very low.

I don't disagree with your option but having to deal with deficits, credits, and who gets paid how much will eventually become a cluster of confusion in my opinion. As a pool owner, I don't want that. I always strive for clean payments and clean data. Which is why I agree with @haitch. For now, a manual payment is best. Hopefully, in the future, we can come up with a better solution.

*edit: I only included the pools that haitch listed above in my calc.

• @socalguy just joined your pool lets start forging some block's :)

• @socalguy said in Payout change for pools.:

As a pool owner, I don't want that. I always strive for clean payments and clean data.

Agree, that's why,

1. why is the pool sending out double payments? Not clean, fix the software.
    2. if a double payment is detected the software should correct the problem not a human that will have to be babysitting 24/7.
    3. so if a double payment slips out past the new, improved software, the software needs to flag that account to never get another payment until x is mined from that account and kept by the pool. There are storage registers for each miner that keeps Q (queued), D (deferred), U (unconfirmed) and life of pool payments. Add another column for double payments that need to be recovered. Simple enough.

• @rds I think the underlying problem here is that the sources are not complete / there does not seem to be anyone able to modify and compile the ninja code, so what might be an easy fix is not possible.

We could really do with some completely new pool code.

Rich

• @RichBC

ahh, hat would be a problem. Would love to help but I'm only up to

10 print "hello world",
    20 goto 10

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.