Smart Fee Mod for Local Wallet

• Does the spam on network piss you off? Especially when you are browsing the Asset Exchange and dont know its happening and only after you placed all those important buy/sell orders and get back to dashboard only to see all of that is stuck in a queue for devil knows how long?

Well your quack-doctor is here to help!

The original idea belongs to @daWallet so you people should thank him that this mod will be born. What in it for me? Well for one satisfaction :D another reason uuuu all dem donations :D well ok just couple of em but still that shows you guys like whats being done :D

ok back to mod, here is sneekpeak :P as for when it comes out? Not telling :P May the hype beggin!
    0_1488581740172_FeeSniffer.png

So after many iterations here it is :) for now releasing small box version that looks like this
    0_1488845316364_SmartFee-smallBox.png

and if you guys prefer a bit bigger style in next couple days i might arrange css to work like this
    0_1488845366205_demo.png

DISCLAIMER: As usual use at your own risk :P If enabed to autochange fees it takes full control of all fees residing in your wallet (except New Asset Issue and Dividends+ page)

evil

SmartFee what it does? Controls your dailly life - yes even when you go potty time xD
    Download links:
    v1.0.1: Google Drive
    v1.0: [Google Drive]

How to install:

• Unzip files into you wallet folder
    • Go into html -> ui folder
    • Edit index.html (with any text editor: notepad, notepad++, etc)
      add this line of code:
    <script src="js/lithstud.feesniffer.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

at the end of file right after (and after the rest of my mods):

<script src="js/nrs.subscription.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="js/nrs.modals.subscription.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="js/nrs.at.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="js/nrs.crowdfunding.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

• For AIO users
      I havent tested it with AIO, but it works with Internet Explorer so it should work with AIO as well :) You will need to clear the cache (pressing F5 should do the trick). But preferred way of running is in chrome browser :)

In some rare cases it seems the window to set your recipient id is missing passphrase input, if its happening to you add this line

<link id="lithstud_feesniffer_css" href="css/lithstud-feesniffer.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"  />

at the top of index.html right before

</head>

By default first time logging into your wallet mod will be disabled ;) But it will remember what user set (so enable/disable both the mod and its settings as you wish).

How to uninstall:

• Go into html -> ui folder
    • Edit index.html (with any text editor: notepad, notepad++, etc)
      remove this line of code:

thats it :) more tech savvy people will remove the files as well ;)

Change Log:
    v1.0.1 - 2017.04.03 - Decimals removed, fees will be suggested allways in increments of 1 BURST.
    v1.0 - 2017.03.07 - Initial Release

Enjoy slightly more control on the network awareness :D
    LithStud

• @LithStud Fantastic idea. Does it differentiate between Blocks that have multiple small payments with a large fee (Rain) and a Block with a large transaction amount and a large fee?
    Will it look at several preceding blocks to make a suggestion or just one?
    Is the idea that it will be a suggestion or can you just select Auto apply?

Rich

• admin

0_1488582461673_feesniffler.png

If you are a big player on the Asset Exchange or not, this will save you money and one or the other gray hair waiting for confirmation. Thanks LithStud.

• @RichBC it looks at the last block only (as this is very "expensive" data analysis - during full blocks activity the call to api return ~200KB+) and yes it uses an algo to decide what fee needs to be suggested :)

Oh forgot to say, yes you can checkmark that Autochange AE Fee and it will update that fee field on the go ;)

It simply adds +1 Burst if sees there is full block of txs of x burst fee ;)

now it cant predict future afcourse :) Sorry bout that, but regulations dont allow for me to deploy time bending algos ;)

• @LithStud Wow that is a bit intensive, perhaps there is a less accurate but less data approach?

Does it set some sort of max fee in case we have a Monsoon?

Rich

• @RichBC no it doesnt :) it will always suggest best fee to combat spam :) but its not mandatory its up to you if you want to follow its suggestion or not :) and also that expensive call is only if someone would put it on online wallet :) for local its instant (and its not like those calls are done every second - i am just slightly mad not completely :D ) one call every block.

and i doubt anyone will be willing dishing out 10 BURST fees for long ;)

aaaannnnddd now i started to think how and where i could put in some settings :D @RichBC take responsibility and give me more ideas what would be nice to be able to set here ;)

• @LithStud smell something sweet in the kitchen ...

• @LithStud said in Smart Fee Mod for Local Wallet:

@RichBC take responsibility and give me more ideas what would be nice to be able to set here ;)

Good news on the Local Wallet.

Hmm easier without pressure. Not sure that it needs much more complication, the beauty of it, is it's simplicity.

On Auto will the fee be immediately visible in the Fee box before you hit Buy / Sell?
    Will Auto be remembered if you close the wallet and reopen?
    Could the same system be added to ordinary Transfers and Reward Assignment?

Could you come up with something that sees that you Sell or Buy has been undercut and within some preset parameters automatically cancel, adjust and resend :-)

Rich

• @rnahlawi not really sure what your talking about :P

• @RichBC said in Smart Fee Mod for Local Wallet:

@LithStud said in Smart Fee Mod for Local Wallet:

@RichBC take responsibility and give me more ideas what would be nice to be able to set here ;)

Good news on the Local Wallet.

Hmm easier without pressure. Not sure that it needs much more complication, the beauty of it, is it's simplicity.

On Auto will the fee be immediately visible in the Fee box before you hit Buy / Sell?
    Will Auto be remembered if you close the wallet and reopen?
    Could the same system be added to ordinary Transfers and Reward Assignment?

Could you come up with something that sees that you Sell or Buy has been undercut and within some preset parameters automatically cancel, adjust and resend :-)

Rich

Hmm lets see :D Yes, No (i didnt want to data into browser cache, but if its needed shouldnt be too hard to add), this one is Sorta and No :) sorta as i have an idea that if it works it will be able to change ordinary transfers and No due to assigment fee being hardcoded into client itself :(

As for last one, i am not a fan of bots on exchanges and am a huge believer in personal trading :D

• and this is current situation with network
    0_1488584976909_SmartFee.png

also i am sad no one noticed a pun :(
    sneekpeak

• @LithStud All understood on the answers. I have kicked myself several times for not checking for Rain before placing an order, so looking forward to this. Not so much for an edge over others trading, more to not be sitting there for ages wondering if it will go through.

As a matter of interest do you know what happens if say 2 people attempt to buy some shares, both entering the same price and fee? Is it just the first transaction to "get through" that wins, or is there any element of timestamping that plays a part?

On the trading agreed. Although a real thought it was semi tongue in cheek, however I suspect it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a Burst Asset Trading App.

Rich

• @RichBC without looking into clients code cant really be sure. But it would be logical that it would follow same rules fee->timestamp to decide who is first. Maybe someone has looked into java code about this @daWallet @luxe ?

As for bot its not that hard once you have the logic part down, as long your ok with delays due to block generation :) probably the most dangerous side of that is fee, as trying to accomplish its task bot might eat a lot of burst in proccess :)

• admin

@LithStud This is really awesome, currently the spam is basically a stress test to burstcoin network ... but if burst becomes more successful, block payload/transactions will always be completely used and fee need to be adjustable. A info like in bitcoin, how much fee is needed to get your transaction processed is really ... did i say that already? ... awesome :-)

Just send you some love :-)

• @luxe said in Smart Fee Mod for Local Wallet:

Just send you some love :-)

Thanks man! :)

• lol @LithStud is at it again :)

• Wonderful! I like it!

• If anyone wants to try: https://wallet.nixxda.ninja:8125/index.html Hammer it!-) This is eval. if I can provide another online Wallet! So maybe dont use your big accounts with it just yet! https://wallet.nixxda.ninja:8125/paydivs.html should work aswell!
    Thanks @LithStud

and also http://util.nixxda.ninja:8888/ in a bit!
    and https://wallet.nixxda.ninja:8125/atlotteries.html

• admin

@nixxda thanks a lot, cool to see mods in action and a mirror of observer :-)

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.