Post your plotting speeds here. Plotting hardware comparison.

• ​I want to bring together a list of different CPUs and GPUs and their plotting speeds. Please also mention the plotgenerators that you use for a fair comparison

Please post your speeds so that we get a nice list by which beginners can choose which way it the best for them to use for plotting.

• Mod

AMD FX-6300, 6 cores ~5100 nonces/min (XPlotter)

• 6th gen I7, 8 cores - 15000 nonces/min (XPlotter)

• This post is deleted!

• FX-4300, GTX 1070, 16GB RAM
    GPU Plot Generator
    devices.txt
    0 0 4096 512 128 (uses 1 GB VRAM + 1 GB RAM)

Writes a 500GB optimized plot to two PMR drives in parallel (1TB total) in about 3 hours at 22,000 nonces/minute.

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 ~4400 nonces/min (wplotgenerator on /async mode)
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 3500-3600 nonces/min (GPUplotter on buffer mode)

• 4 cores 3900/minute, Xplotter.

Question is, can you write 30,00+ nonces/min to the drive or is your plotter screaming to fill the buffer and then waiting for the write to finish?

• i7-4790 6 core 11000 nonces/min xplotter

• has anyone tried the ryzen cpu yet to test :?

• Intel i7 6700k running on 7 threads out of the 8 threads and getting about 10k-12k per min on Xplotter!!! :-)

• i7 3930k using 6 threads - wplotgenerator /async - 10k/nonces per min - minimal system impact

Definitely slower than using gpu's, but doesn't impact usability as I have an old pair of gtx 680s currently which tend to lag.

• @xburst wplotgenerator/ why not xplotter? at least it doesnt burn ur cpu

• @HiDevin going back to using xplotter - thanks! I guess I thought using wplot gave me more control over the stagger size which it appears xplotter takes care of on it's own. At 11 threads the 3930k is doing just above 15k nonces/min.

• @xburst np :)

• harddisk: Seagate SATA 3.5"
    processor: i5 2500
    memory: 10GB DDR 3
    speed: **~7100 nonce/minute **
    plotter: xplotter_avx administrator mode

• Processor: i7 6700 3.4 GHs
    Memory: 16 GB DDR3 (but I think xplotter set to use 4 G by default? still new... not sure.)
    Hard disk: External WD 6 TB My Book
    Plotter: Xplotter - AVX in administrator mode
    Speed: 8 threads = aprox 12,500 and 6 threads = aprox 10,200 nonce/minute.

Surfing Youtube and on-line window shopping did drop it a little, but only by 100 - 500 nonce/minute.
    (gotta dream about the next drive purchase. It's now an addiction! Lol)

(Was worried about loosing the use of my machine while I plotted... no worries... doesn't seem to mind much. Lol.)

Took about 40 hrs to plot 5.5 TB on a 6 TB external USB 3.0 Western Digital 6 TB My Book drive.

• Mod

@cornerstone
    " (but I think xplotter set to use 4 G by default? still new... not sure.)"

yes, 0.5Gb per thread by default, but you can increase it - set "-mem 8G", but if bottleneck is HDD - you don't get increased speed.

• @Blago Ah. I was wondering about that. Thank you.
    Only having to do it once in a while, I'm not to worried about speed. Less than 2 days for a drive is good by me. And only a few to do for quite a while till a few pay days go by again. Now... if I had 10 or 20 to do at once... what a wonderful reason to worry about how it could be made faster! Lol ... Some day.. :)

• CPU: i7-6700k 4.5Ghz
    Mobo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero
    RAM: 32GB DDR4
    Plotter: Xplotter in admin mode
    Threads: 8
    Nonce/Min: 14,000-15,000 (unless I am plotting & mining then it dips to 12,000-13,000)
    HDDs: Seagate 5 TB External HDD
    WD 6TB External HDD
    Total Plot Size thus far?: 9,477GB

Note If I plot to my SSD then manually move to the Seagate or WD drives it seems to be a faster process, but I have to make smaller files which isn't really ideal for me.

• @D2iH8c doesn't it waste write cycles on your ssd causing it to die faster? I wouldn't recommend, just plot to a different HDD that's not smr

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.