Critiquing Assets

• admin

If you have a concern about an asset, talk to the asset issuer; if not satisfied talk to me - and I'll talk to them; if still not satisfied, then post publicly - but do at a time zone appropriate time. The talks about BTCDragon started at around 2am his time. If he happened to be up, great - but if you post something negative about one of my assets 4-8 hours before I can reasonably be expected to address concerns, I'd be really, really, pissed. Express concerns at a time they can be addressed, not at a time where hysterical panic can occur.

• @Haitch I agree 100%!!!!!!

• If I had a problem with an asset, I'd private message the issuer to stop negative views from tainting the asset. Going on threads and complaining to the world is only going to scare off potential investors and kill it for everyone.

• I agree, panic post of btcdragon cost me dearly but I also learnt my lesson, not to make rash decisions when under acute stress or tired.. I agree with this protocol you are suggesting..

• @haitch great idea! And there is a need for this! Panic is newer good

@qibucks said in Critiquing Assets:

I agree, panic post of btcdragon cost me dearly but I also learnt my lesson, not to make rash decisions when under acute stress or tired.. I agree with this protocol you are suggesting..

Yep saw your post on the forum about selling all btcdragon. I can feel your pain ;) But to be honest panic is newer good... You can save some of your money if its really a scam. But always lose more as you can win if you decide to wait to see if it is really one... At least that's how i see it ;) .

• You posted this while I was asleep not fair!

Seriously tho, myself personally have dmed issuers when I had questions and always tried to give neutral standings in my opinions and comments, but I don't think you can expect others and myself to look up when said people are up and what time is good for them, to retort to a conversation.

Yes, enough time should be given and allowed

Don't think you can expect us to know if and when others are up and for us to wait around.

Agreed that you should always express your concerns in dm, and or as neutral as you can when addressing another's business

• I agree that public hysterical outbreaks should be avoided if possible, and that it may be a good idea to confront people in private first. However, I agree with @dagentlemang that we should not be expected to time our public discourses in accordance with when the affected party is awake or not (in some cases that would mean that the poster has to not go to sleep and stay awake until posting a response is deemed approppriate by the other party). If people get hysterical by having to wait half a day for information, then they need to work on their patience. We come from all around the world, we live in different time zones, and we're not available during all hours of the day. I think most people know this, and will treat 'late answers' as reasonable. On the other hand, if people voluntarily wish to gather intel on the best possible time to publish a post, then there's nothing stopping them.

• I believe the critiquing of assets is required, time zones are irrelevant. To avoid heavy critiques one way or the other create 100% transparency. It wasn't until yesterday that BTCDragon exposed the costs associated with the Asset. If this has been done earlier there may not have been such an inquisition. Please don't confuse critiquing with information. Information that was provided by investigation that again could have potentially been avoided. I'm sorry I seem like an ass but I wont take a hit for what I did. I did it with the communities best interests in mind and @Bitdv wrote multiple responses addressing questions that I provided very direct questions about. It's good to see an asset issuer take charge and responsibility for what they run.

With specific respect to BTCDragon it was not a targeted attack, if you read the other forums out there you will see I destroyed the layout of a potential asset called MPL where the team laid out a very vague and confusing plan. I will be creating "something" not an asset but maybe a subscription service or something similar where I will create prospectus for Assets for individuals to perform self analysis no different that what a stock trading platform provides to their users so they can make informed dissensions.

-IceBurst
    Self Proclaimed Justicar of the Burst AE

• admin

@IceBurst My post was not directed at you specifically. Yes you provided information and concerns, but as in other cases the timing could have been better. All I'm asking the community is if you're going to raise concerns about an issue, do so at a time where the other party has an opportunity to immediately address your concerns, and if possible invite them to address those concerns.

• This isn't the first time this type of post has happened and sadly this isn't going to be the last.

Anyone has a right to take the time to gather information, investigate, and create a giant post filled with words and pictures. Yet if they have all that time to investigate, then they have enough time, in their day, to check when the other person is online.

Recently I was also hit with, what looks like propaganda, about my pool. I guess my pool is being accused of being "high risk." This wasn't discussed with me, this wasn't investigated by the person who told me about it. This was just "I heard a rumor, and I took it as the truth" type of thing. After a long discussion, I was able to correct the lies and gained back the trust from that one person. This type of stuff is lame and is hurting us.

btw, the price of Burst has dropped and is on a downward trend.
    0_1488468068020_Capture burstcoin March 2017.PNG

No one is going to invest into this coin until we get our house in order. Spreading false information and accusations is only hurting the coin. I completely agree that Burst related things should be investigated and check on, yet should be done in a responsible way. If it's a scam, then it's a scam and no one can quickly change that. So there is time to do a proper investigation and a reveal.

• @socalguy said in Critiquing Assets:

btw, the price of Burst has dropped and is on a downward trend.

Not sure if this is relevant. Similar price drops have been seen before when Bitcoin rises in value. Bitcoin is currently worth a whopping 1250 USD, so that may be one of the reasons, as altcoins often have an inverse relationship with the price of btc.

@socalguy said in Critiquing Assets (part of text bolded by me):

Anyone has a right to take the time to gather information, investigate, and create a giant post filled with words and pictures. Yet if they have all that time to investigate, then they have enough time, in their day, to check when the other person is online.

That is a generalization, and may be quite unreasonable when two people in opposite time zones are communicating with each other or otherwise debating something. Why should person A be obliged to stay awake when he would otherwise be asleep, or take time off his or her daytime job, to keep checking when person B will be online. If person A has the time to check this, by all means, but there's no need to make this a 'must' for everyone.

@socalguy said in Critiquing Assets:

No one is going to invest into this coin until we get our house in order.

This might be true for some investors, but I have successfully brought multiple investors in here regardless of 'turbulence' in the forums, they don't all care about that. The greatness of Burst does not narrow down to a handful of public debaters, and 'true' investors know this. Burst does not need fly-by-night investors anyway.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.