Failed write file code2? Definition?

• I'm at work and my Gf calls me to say the power went out. I asked her about the laptops (one for mining and one for plotting). The mining one has resumed but HDD I am plotting now shows this "Failed Write file code2". Any idea if this just means the plotting was interrupted or maybe another issue associated with this. I wasn't home so who knows what happened, but she claims the "power went out" :/

Using the latest version of the wallet, xplotter.

• @Vanquish not sure on the spec code but if the plotting was interupted you gona need to delete the plot and start over.

• @Gibsalot Yeah, I've been down this road too many times now grrr. I've spent 7 days plotting this HDD and I was almost done. Most annoying Shit ever.

• try running more plot files just smaller ,, i plot everything in 500gig plot files and then just make a smaller plot to fill the last bit of HDD

• admin

@Vanquish If you were using xplotter the plot can be resumed, but you have to do it manually.

• I'm an idiot so I'm gonna have to figure out how to continue. I read on another thread how to do it so I will attempt it. Do any of you guys have a "restart the plotter for dummies" guide?

• admin

@Vanquish From a command prompt running as administrator, go to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet\XPlotter

Get a directory listing of the drive you were plotting - eg if D: do

dir d:\plots

It'll return a filename like: 5860130482017119184_200000000_409600_16384

The filename indicates everything about the plotfile:

burstID_startNonce_NumberOfNonces_Stagger

Then do:

xplotter_avx -id <burstID> -sn <startNonce> -n <NumberOfNonces> -t <number of threads> -path drive:\plots

eg:

xplotter_avx -id 5860130482017119184 -sn 200000000 -n 409600 -t 7 -path d:\plots

Replace <number of threads> with the number of CPU threads you want.

• @haitch Wow, this is great. I will certainly attempt this when I get home later today. Good stuff here, I wish I can help you out as well someday...

• admin

@Vanquish No problem - let us know how it goes.

• Ok, I'm looking at this now. Tried it a few times and no go. I will keep at it

0_1488259967555_xp.png

• Tried this as well...
    0_1488261775729_xp1.png

• admin

@Vanquish Struggling to read those screenshots, but it looks like you're doing "xplotter: - it needs to be "xplotter_avx"

• @haitch ok, i will give it shot now

• Ok, I tried as Administrator and not Administrator...here are the results.
    0_1488285008859_xp9.png 0_1488285225290_xxp.png

• admin

@Vanquish you're in the wrong directory - do "cd xplotter"

• @haitch Please show me verbatim on what I'm supposed to type in the command. I still can't get it. Not sure if I'm putting in "cd Xplotter" in the proper place

• admin

@Vanquish cd C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet\XPlotter

Replace <username> with your Windows username

• My Username is PFW as Administrator on this machine. Check it out
    @haitch 0_1488288220261_xxxx.png

• i find it easyer to physicly open that file loacation then hold shift , right click open CMD ...

• admin

@Vanquish do: cd C:\Users\pfw\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet\XPlotter

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.