Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]

• Hi there,

Will devs create a burst id wallet generator in the future? I mean a generator that would generate more than 1 wallet id in the same time.

The concept is like this. I heard many people complaining that their wallets are stolen so as everything inside. So imagine u have 1,000,000 Burst in one wallet. That particular wallet is not safe as it is very valuable hence vulnerable for 3rd party attacks.

So the solution to secure the content of the wallet is to spread them to sub-wallets in small amounts if we can call it like that. Creating 1,000 accounts and spreading to each one of them 1,000 Burst we will not be afraid that we gonna lose 1 million anymore, they might steal some thousands but not million.

In this case having ur money spread to sub-wallets is safer than having it in one place. If we are talking about money decentralization how about we implement decentralization to secure the wallets also?

PS: A bot that would handle 1000 transactions in one time would be nice to quickly and effectively move the money to sub-wallets.

Where the idea came from? If u remember the movie Chaos Theory than u know what I am talking about, if u do not know the movie in a nutshell they robbed a bank, stole nothing from the place but they put a virus in their system to transfer $billions into small accounts with small amounts. So what the virus did was to create billions of virtual accounts and spread all of the money into them respectively. They would use a similar virus to gather all the money back together. :D

• @pr0cesor said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

1,000,000 Burst

There's a wallet ID generator in the software section and its working.

• And how would you remember 1000 passwords ???

If the guards in the pc you would have the same problem that there was in this last hack.

For me the best way to protect yourself is by creating an account with a secure pass pointed on a paper, closing the account and not reopening it if it is not necessary.
    Then you create another account that will be used daily and from this you leave a part that you think is the one you use to buy assets or whatever and the rest to the account you created first

• @pr0cesor that is interesting idea :) i have been pondering something similar. That is a wallet that would show combined stuff from couple of your addresses (as information about accounts are on the blockchain and doesnt need passphrase to view). The hard part is figuring out how to display that information and not confuse people at the same time. Also any transaction that needs passphrase still gonna need it but you would need to know which passphrase to use (i tend not to use remember me for passphrases).
    So i guess in conclusion - for now lets make UI as good as possible first and then see what we can mod it with :D

• @rnahlawi said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

@pr0cesor said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

1,000,000 Burst

There's a wallet ID generator in the software section and its working.

Does it create multiple accounts in the same time?

@Energy said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

And how would you remember 1000 passwords ???

If the guards in the pc you would have the same problem that there was in this last hack.

For me the best way to protect yourself is by creating an account with a secure pass pointed on a paper, closing the account and not reopening it if it is not necessary.
    Then you create another account that will be used daily and from this you leave a part that you think is the one you use to buy assets or whatever and the rest to the account you created first

U would stash ur passphrases somewhere else. U can make it as if it was a book, no one would suspect that a book containing some bullshit phrases is actually a pass for burst wallets. Stashing all the money in one account is risky even if u don't open it daily. And also as far as I know everyone can see what u have in ur Burst wallet by clicking on ur ID but no one would suspect u having millions of burst if u had them in 1000 different accounts, and no one would waste their time to check thousands random accounts.

@LithStud said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

@pr0cesor that is interesting idea :) i have been pondering something similar. That is a wallet that would show combined stuff from couple of your addresses (as information about accounts are on the blockchain and doesnt need passphrase to view). The hard part is figuring out how to display that information and not confuse people at the same time. Also any transaction that needs passphrase still gonna need it but you would need to know which passphrase to use (i tend not to use remember me for passphrases).
    So i guess in conclusion - for now lets make UI as good as possible first and then see what we can mod it with :D

Creating a local secure database on PC would not be a issue. Well it was just a concept and an idea, I am not a programmer so I would not know with what to start first. I will leave that to those who are willing to accept some challenges to improve the Burst Development.

• @pr0cesor and its really nice idea ;) paranoid but nice :D

• @LithStud said in Burst wallet ID generator [decentralization concept]:

@pr0cesor and its really nice idea ;) paranoid but nice :D

Yeah paranoid but the currency decentralization is still a long process and especially in mining cryptocurrency where we don't need a bank because we are ourselves a bank. So if we are a bank, we should also figure out a way to secure our bank right? U don't wanna lose the time, the resources, efforts and all of ur money u put into the project just because u were not careful enough to not put tons of money in one place. Better stash them in different places. I think no one would like to lose million of burst :P it would very painful and depressive.

Let's take it as a prevention, better blow cold than be sorry in the future.

• @pr0cesor hmm how bout counter argument with possibility to be able to sign transactions with PC not connected to internet? :) It might be possible one day ;)

• I stash my incomes in multiple accounts and I created my own little asset with a 1000 shares do distribute the Coins to all the accounts. 10% even go directly to my polo account with every "dividend payment"! (and I will never be able to transfer those asset shares out of there again!)

as for passwords, this is one of mine: " _ytk[q^h&CUL!.Y-~#5sO>p(c):ND5?3`H;Na[}B%[2mGD#H " not really of course!-) (I changed one latter! did I?!)

I generate and store all those passwords in Keepass2 and I secure it with an lengthy, very "unorthodox" poem I made up!

For daily use and practicality I mostly use CKP Chrome Extension. I cant really vouch for the security of this extension but I know that their "Autofill" is different from copy/paste.

Now show me how strong the "dark force" is within you!!-)

• @nixxda Keepass is good program, i use it for my work related logins as those are generated passwords and not possible to remember :)

didnt know about CKP i should add to the list of stuff to checkout :D

And i never even thought about that kind of usage for asset :) awesome! Might implement similar thing for myself, thanks for sharing.

• Im not an pc guru or programer guys but why dont just do inside the wallet a section with a secound pasfrase. Lets call it vault! And the ability to send part of your funds in to this section with a time lock and an email autorization ? So lets say you want to withdraw money from this vault. Then you first have to give your vault pass fraze, then autorize with email and have an email option to stop the transaction even after autorization is done! Then a clock starts and you had lets say 24 hours or some other random time before the Burst from vault is transfered to your normal account? I believe it would be safe enought! And ewery one can decide if he wants to use it!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.