Help: Understanding Mining Pool payouts

• Hello All,

I am trying to understand how the burstcoin pool works.

In the payout section it states,

Payment is instant when pool has positive balance
    Share value reduction is 50% per block

if pool on current round does not find a block, miners shares are keep
    (up to 50 blocks), but their value is reduced by 50% everytime we don't
    found a block. when pool has positive balance, all share are summed up
    to block number where payment will be made, and burst payment are
    made proportional to total share miners own up to this time 

So where does the reduced value of the shares go? Since there are two things here (shares and their value) I am not able to understand how they relate to each other. I am trying to understand this concept but it is still alien to me. I tried searching in the forum but was not able to find a direct answer.

Would be really awesome if you can help with this.

Thanks

• @Glen

Miners in the pool earn Burst when the pool wins a block.

The block reward(payment for the block) is usually split 60%/40% between current and historic shares.

Current Shares are calculated based on the best deadline that each miner reported to the pool.

Historic Shares are calculated based on the average best deadline that each miner reported to the pool for the last 50 blocks.

if the pool does not win a block on the current round then the current share will be zero for each miner.
    The historic share average will be re-calculated however to include the new deadline of each miner.

if the pool wins a block, miners earn their current share + the historic share.

4 blocks later this will be added to each miners earnings.

0_1487793437545_block_payment_example.png

Looking at the image above, you see miner "Alex China" won block 331015 so the pool got paid.

• @iKnow0 is this the same for lexpools?

• @Daforce As far as I know yes in principle.

• @iKnow0 Thank you very much now I understand :D .. And also when they say "if pool on current round does not find a block, miners shares are keep
    (up to 50 blocks), but their value is reduced by 50% everytime we don't found a block" they refer to the historic share value reducing. So the historic value fluctuates up and 'Down', not just goes up. Interesting!!!

@Daforce Yep, the code block in my question was copy pasted from the lex pool.

• @Glen said in Help: Understanding Mining Pool payouts:

@iKnow0 Thank you very much now I understand :D .. And also when they say "if pool on current round does not find a block, miners shares are keep
    (up to 50 blocks), but their value is reduced by 50% everytime we don't found a block" they refer to the historic share value reducing. So the historic value fluctuates up and 'Down', not just goes up. Interesting!!!

Not exactly, think of it like this, lets say you have a list of your last 50 deadlines in excel, each new round the last one on the list is dropped off and the latest new one is added to the top. Then a new average is calculated.

• @iKnow0 You are awesome... Now I get it :D :D
    Thank you very much

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.