www.BURSTNation.com Making it Rain

• Hello,
    Recently I started to receive small amount of burst from www.BURSTNation.com Making it Rain. Is that normal and what is the purpose of this?

• a frikin spam thats what it is and also network hogging as it floods it with these small transactions.

• i actually love this. it's an unintentional test of the BURST network, and we have a problem ...

thank you mr spammer for pointing this out. this could have gotten ugly in the future as the number of transactions per block is rising due to new users joining each day. i'll let the team know. this spam was a blessing in disguise

• @nameless yea it shows a bit of woulnerability, i guess its biggest impact is due to rapid transaction generation. The geniuses behind blockchain will need to figure out how to deal against such attacks.

• well, I still believe in their good intentions! But its to much like click-bait for me! And that's low!
    And so I'm spending my hard earned Coins on transaction fees to send it back!-)

also, dear BURST-7B5Q-7AZQ-JX4S-6HWUL, what you might not be aware of, for me and many other German speaking people the last bit of your address reads like "SCHWUL" on quick glace! That's "GAY" in german ! no slang, that's a real proper german word!

So pleas stop making my wallets so gey!!

ps. I'm really not a homophobe or anything! in fact I'll blabla blabla...............!-)

• @vlad It's pretty much what it is...making it rain. They are being nice and giving back to the Burst community.

• @Vneck but it is click-bait, isn't it?!

• @nixxda It could be by definition, but I don't see it as anything negative or malicious, like other click-bait sites that have crazy adds that have BS articles. Burst itself could be considered click-bait as an alternative to using it vs other crypto currencies. You don't have to visit Burstnation to enjoy the free bursts. I believe the main goal of this, was to spread the love of Burst, and try to make the Burst community feel good about itself so Burst in itself will gain more popularity.

• If someone wants to advertise to me unobtrusively by sending me money, I honestly don't have a problem with that and I typically hate ads. I don't hear anyone complaining about tons of tiny faucet transactions clogging up the network. If I'm not mistaken, more transactions means more transaction fees which means more coins per block so that's more money for miners.

Also, this entire thread is a big advertisement for Burst nation if you think about it. Irony.

• defo not malicious lol but a good test indeed @nameless

i wrote the script for it into lexbot.

it would seem some sort of feature on the block-chain where it rate-limits transactions to like 10 per block per account and carries them over. when exceeded this would sort any sort of spamming out

• @Lexicon said in www.BURSTNation.com Making it Rain:

it would seem some sort of feature on the block-chain where it rate-limits transactions to like 10 per block per account and carries them over. when exceeded this would sort any sort of spamming out

this deserves a box of cookies. brilliant idea, BUT, there's an aspect you missed : i pay out dividends to nearly 200 people. That would mean it would take me 20 blocks to send all of it out. Not a major discomfort, but still something to consider

• yeah. apparently having a tx fee of 2 burst. makes them go through as priority so i guess the blockchain has things in it that can be used if desperate
    @nameless good point lol imagine a list of 5000 which is what this is

• I'm confused... exactly what problem do tons of tiny transactions pose to the network?

• admin

@sevencardz A block can hold 255 transactions, someone sends 5,000 - it takes 20 blocks and anyone else has a hard time sending Burst.

• admin

@haitch "Hard time" means double the fees from 1 Burst to 2 Burst to get your transaction confirmed within one block / 4 minutes.

Without campains the transactions per block were below 20. The little two peaks were the Qora Asset and Tektonike and the big one is Adam.

http://burstcoin.biz/charts/average-number-of-transactions-per-block

So there is no "vulnerability" or problem at horizon. Burst network is still way below 10% of capacity. I'm sure the majority of transactions are made by automatic payments from pools to their users. These do decrease over time.

• @daWallet And I am afraid there is more to come.....

Now each rain sent will pay THREE (3) BURST COINS per transaction, yes that means tens of thousands of BURST in Transaction fees every few hours of each day in many cases. These fees ALL go to the miners who are activly mining! IT does not matter what pool or if solo mining, all these STACKS of extra FREE BURST coins will rain upon all of you finding blocks!

Rich

• @RichBC said in www.BURSTNation.com Making it Rain:

@daWallet And I am afraid there is more to come.....

Now each rain sent will pay THREE (3) BURST COINS per transaction, yes that means tens of thousands of BURST in Transaction fees every few hours of each day in many cases. These fees ALL go to the miners who are activly mining! IT does not matter what pool or if solo mining, all these STACKS of extra FREE BURST coins will rain upon all of you finding blocks!

Rich

surely that can only be a good thing for those mining burst?

• admin

@RichBC I'm not afraid. One can see this also from the other side. Maybe one Burstcoin is severely undervalued at the moment. I see that the blocks are not filled completely this round, which is smart. Adam knows his business. The network is there to be used. I'm happy for the miners, for the users and for the marketing approach.

What Burst needs before we make blocksize size smart or flexible (and therefore the blockchain size larger) is a thin client. One that downloads only the last percent of the chain and is as secure as a full node.

• @jj1k So is this the reason that I am seeing ridiculous delays in getting Asset order placements and cancellations to be recognised at the moment or is that something else?

When sending Burst you can choose to up the fee if you want, but there seems to be no provision to do this with an Asset Transaction. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding how things work?

Rich

• @jj1k i for one am looking forward to hitting a block right now lol.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.