Assets

• Assets seem to be very popular...many people putting almost all their BURST into them (I've only looked/monitored at this point). I understand the attraction to the dividends, the potential of the asset shares to increase in price. Here's what I don't get (particularly for those that put almost all their BURST in assets)...first the scam factor, but putting that aside... aren't people worried about a lack of liquidity and the ability of quickly get out/sell out of assets quickly?

Let's say I have 500k BURST and put it all in assets. The price of BURST goes up 10x quickly (or use whatever significant multiple you want). Isn't it going to be very tough for me to say get 300k BURST out of assets and on the market quickly if I wanted to sell? Potentially missing a price surge?

Thoughts?

• @burst1 same is true with altcoins tradong if demand for the given coin isnt big there wont be much liquidity either. Thats why @nameless is planing something in that area ;) also its allways good idea to place buy orders. Liquidity only will be possible if we as users involve ourself in the trading aspect.

And always if you have such a worry just dont buy assets, thats the beauty of freedom ;)

• Yeah I hear ya @LithStud just trying to "figure it out" to see if I want to participate in assets.

Even when BURST trading volume is low...just about all asset volumes are at a fraction of it. And in my example (BURST exploding quickly) there wouldn't be low volume. Obviously if I participate it will only be with a fraction of the BURST I own...but I just read where people seem to be putting almost all their BURST in assets, which seems very risky to me. But thought I might be missing something...

• @burst1 i would say it mostly depends on the person itself, i have all my burst most of the time invested but again i dont have much (around 100000 i would guess in all the assets)

• @burst1 I hedge my bets with as a starting point about 1/3 in Burst Wallets, 1/3 on Poly split between Burst & BTC and 1/3 in Assets.

These fractions get distorted after a big Asset Buy, or a big Buy or Sell on Poly, but I then try and get back to my base position, but only when I can do so profitably.

Rich

• @RichBC said in Assets:

@burst1 I hedge my bets with as a starting point about 1/3 in Burst Wallets, 1/3 on Poly split between Burst & BTC and 1/3 in Assets.

These fractions get distorted after a big Asset Buy, or a big Buy or Sell on Poly, but I then try and get back to my base position, but only when I can do so profitably.

Rich

Nice strategy. Thanks @RichBC

• Yeah in the event of a price surge it can be hard to get out of assets BUT the assets (as long as they aren't a scam asset) will give you passive Burst income for as long as you have the asset.

Take my asset for example. It has a price of 20 Burst per share and weekly dividends range from 0.5%-1% so that gives an ROI of 100-200 weeks. At the end of that 100-200 weeks you now have however many shares you bought PLUS 100% of what you spent on said shares.

So if you are looking for day trading opportunities then yeah assets aren't the way to go but if you want a steady passive income then getting some asset shares from an ID Verified issuer is a pretty safe bet

• @socal a side thing, how did you arrive to those 5-10%? no matter how i calculate last payout was 0.75%

• @LithStud you sir are awesome, I was doing my math backwards I.e shares divided by dividend not dividend divided by shares wow I'm dumb, you are correct and I was wrong, thanks for that it was a good catch bro.

• @socal no problem :) for some reason it gets tricky first time calculating :D did same mistake for my own asset (tho i calculated correct number but for a wrong time period lol instead of weekly said monthly). I guess it just shows mesure 10 times and cut once :D

• how do i buy a listed buy order? I see them listed for less then sell orders?

• @parallelloo said in Assets:

how do i buy a listed buy order? I see them listed for less then sell orders?

@parallelloo, you are thinking about it backwards.
    Buy Orders=People offering to buy assets at this amount of burst/asset.
    Sell Orders=People selling assets for that amount of burst/asset.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.