My external HD can't be plotted in two minutes now, can it?

• Ok,

having bought an external HD for mining (2TB) I went over to the plotting. After the second line of "nounces" the program stops. When I check the HD, there's a folder with a file of 1,81TB. Is the thing plotted now?

this is the message the plotsoftware gives, see it only showed two lines and only 6144 nounces are plotted. I deleted the burst folder from the HD and tried again but the same thing happened.

Does anybody knows what's going on?

XPlotter v1.0 for BURST
    programmers: Blago, Cerr Janror, DCCT

Checking directory...
    Drive e:\ info:
    Name: Seagate Expansion Drive
    File system: NTFS
    Serial Number: 1180260823
    FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES: yes
    Bytes per Sector: 512
    Sectors per Cluster: 8
    The token does not have the specified privilege.
    For faster writing you should restart plotter with Administrative rights.
    Creating file: e:\burst\plots\17276370027728467240_500000001_7629728_7629728
    ID: 17276370027728467240
    Start_nonce: 500000001
    Nonces: 7629728
    Nonces per thread: 1024
    Uses 1536 Mb of 4845 Mb free RAM
    Allocating memory for nonces... OK
    [0%] Generating nonces from 500000001 to 500003073
    [0%] Generating nonces from 500003073 to 500006145
    CPU: 6144 nonces done HDD: Writing scoops: 0.20%

• Or do I need to wait until writing scoops reaches 100%?

Plotting my HD I didn't encounter this, that's why I thought something was wrong and the program got stuck. I see it slowly increasing, will wait now until it reaches 100% and see what happens.

• Mod

@2nd4thdegree said in My external HD can't be plotted in two minutes now, can it?:

Or do I need to wait until writing scoops reaches 100%?

yes, it's takes 5-7 hrs or "For faster writing you should restart plotter with Administrative rights."

My test for create 2Tb plot:
    run w/o admin rights - 115671 seconds - 32 hrs 8 min (avg ~3958 nonces/min)
    run with admin rights - 91026 seconds - 25 hrs 17 min (avg ~5029 nonces/min)

https://github.com/dawallet/burstwindowswallet/issues/3

• @Blago

thx blago, but.. how do I restart the plotter with Administrative rights? I didn't have this the time I plotted my internal hard drive. I have no clue what it means either.

• @2nd4thdegree right click on the file and click on run as administrator

• @caligiuri

I receive this message

E:\Burst>XPlotter_avx.exe -id 17930413153828766298 -sn 603000000 -n 800000 -t 6 -path H:\plots -mem 6G

XPlotter v1.0 for BURST
    programmers: Blago, Cerr Janror, DCCT

Checking directory...
    Can't create directory h:\plots\ for plots (Error 3)
    Press any key to continue . . .

when I press a key the window just closes

It says it can't create on Disk H but the external HDD is disk E

• @2nd4thdegree make sure the h:plots directory exists

• @caligiuri

My external HDD is E, my internal HDD is C and my DVD is D. How do I create the H drive or am I missing something?

• admin

@2nd4thdegree I think it's an issue with running it as administrator. Copy the command line it's using, open a cmd.exe window as administrator and paste in that command, but change the H: to E:

• @haitch

what is opening a cmd.exe window, how do I do that, please? I figure I need to create a cmd.exe file but don't know how to do that.

• @2nd4thdegree To change drive letters, go to search and type in diskmgmt.msc. from there, right click on your drives partition and click change drive letter and paths.

to open a command window, go to search and type in cmd.

on different versions of windows, there are places to type in searches and commands. windows ten has it on the task bar, windows 7 has it in the start menu, just look around the start menu or task bar and you will find it.

• it took me 6 days to plot this 2TB

• i wasn't impressed with the speed too i just told myself good things take time :)

• I am having the same exact problem. However I am stuck. Went to plotter file and clicked to run as administrator but still not working. Still getting the red " Does not have administrative rights. For faster writing run as administrator."

• Well just right click on the Burst Wallet Windows icon and click Run as Administrator. Always a super simple fix that gets me stuck.

• That plot on your 2TB does seem slow. It takes me about 1 week to plot the 8TB drives I use in my rig, but keep in mind, its an old gen 1 I7 with 4gigs of ram :-)

• sorry if this is already answered but i didnt get it :) when i try to plot my hdd again it always says there is no free space on the hdd.
    should i just delete everything in the burst folder on the hdd or should i do something else?

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.